Friday, March 10, 2006

Nihal's First Win Against Dad!

Nihal has been trying very well recently with his Reti chess opening variations with Fianchetto. His working on inventing his own variation. He'll have to have exhausted far too many variations before he'll chance any unprecedented discovery.

Finally he managed to beat me(his dad that is!), my fault for losing concentration whilst enjoying a glass of chilled Leffe Blonde.

His final attack strategy was a combined effort of a rook/knight paired manouvere resulting in checking my king into Rank 8. The game could easily have dragged onto repetetive defensive moves down and back up ranks allowing me to chance him for a mistake. Why spoil the fun I thought, let him relish his succesful combined attack!

Not bad for a 7 year old!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home