Sunday, April 09, 2006

Nihal's Sicilian Alapin Opening

Nihal having already just done his martial arts training for the day still had enough energy to challenge his father for a Friday Evening Chess Game.

Myself, having had an equally exhaustive day, mentally however not physically at work, was reluctant to accept due to the lack of brain cell activity left for that day, however I accepted due to enthusiastic pressure from young Nihal.

So Nihal, opened with an intriuging Sicilian Alapin (unaccelerated) ie the c3 move was done in th 3rd move instead of the usual 2nd move. The previous move being the standard two knights.

The mid game developed into an interesting combination of forks and pins, however I got too embroiled in my fork strategy that I failed to see the queen take a clever move against my queen, and then finally I succumbed to a checkmate by Nihal's two rooks centering his queen.

My excuses are getting a bit lame now, and Nihal is getting ever more confident in his chess strategy.

Nihal, would just like to make a point for the record that this is his second win against his dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home